What Are the Signs That Indicate Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Carbon monoxide is a hazardous gas that provides no identifiable odor. Many times, the smoke detector also fails to detect CO poisoning at home. This can happen especially in homes, cars, and spaces where there are no CO detectors.

To save yourself and your family from the hazards of CO poisoning, it is very important to take measures to identify it and prevent getting exposed to it. This article focusses on the signs of CO poisoning.

What are the harmful impacts of CO poisoning?

A lot of CO in the air replaces the oxygen present in the red blood cells of the body. Due to which there is a reduction in the amount of oxygen that the blood transports to different organs of the body.

This puts the brain and heart at the risk of injury as they are in the highest need for oxygen. The elderly people and kids are highly impacted due to it. Whipple Plumbing is one of the best firms in Salt Lake City that offer reliable plumbing services.

Signs of exposure to CO

Below are some of the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Dull headache
  • Shortness of breath due to mild exertion
  • Weakness
  • Fatigue
  • Dizziness

Prolonged exposure to CO can cause:

  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Visual disturbances, like blurred vision
  • Difficulty in concentrating

Lack of medical treatment and prolonged exposure can result in severe and long-term problems. It can be threatening to life as well.

Is it flu or CO poisoning?

Most of the symptoms such as dizziness, headache, fatigue, and nausea can be related to common flu. You need to know the difference between CO Poisoning and flu to take the right measures.

Flu gets transmitted from one member of the family to another. It doesn’t impact everyone in the family. If everyone inside the car or home that includes pets, etc. starts to feel the signs of sickness in just a short time period, then it could be a possibility of “CO poisoning”.

In case of flu, its signs don’t improve even after going far from the affected region. It is mostly treated with the right medication. On the other hand, if you find that the signs reduce moving from that place, or aren’t treated with medication, then it can be an indication of CO poisoning.

Conclusion

With this information, you must have got clarity on CO poisoning. If you suspect it in your house, then you should get it treated at the earliest to prevent any further harm.

Releated